Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Since I'm Not Writing...

Some of you may have noticed that I've taken an unplanned hiatus from blogging. I hadn't planned on going so long without blogging but I've got a lot on my mind these days and some very important decisions to make in a short period of time. Have I ever said how much I hate adulthood??

But anyway, since I haven't been doing much writing(that's a lie, I've started 4 drafts since my last post, just haven't finished any), I have been doing a lot of reading within the blogosphere. The following are two articles I came across that I figured you all may like to read as well.

This first one is from the Village Voice and is pretty dear to my heart and experiences, for obvious reasons. Even though it's specifically mentioning women in NYC, I think young single women in many major cities have similar experiences.
"Dear Single Women of NYC: It's Not Them, It's You" http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-02-09/news/dear-single-women-of-nyc-it-s-not-them-it-s-you/

The second article is "The No-Boyfriend Zone" written by Alysha P. Reid from Clutch Magazine http://clutchmagonline.com/lifeculture/feature/the-no-boyfriend-zone/.

Ironically enough, both of these articles take an introspective look at female singletude. Maybe that's what attracted me to them. But anywho, take a look at them and let me know what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment