Monday, November 22, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

As I wrap my mind around all these recent reports on the near extinction of conventional marriage, I decided to take a mental break and write about something a tad bit lighter than usual. Guilty pleasures.

Rihanna & Nicki Minaj
As much as I truly think I dislike these chics, I can't keep myself from bobbing my head or singing along to every damn song they put out. Rihanna is about as talentless as it gets, but I swear she gets the best pop songs the industry has to offer these days. And I think anything and everything I could have to say about Nicki Minaj has already been said. Fake boobies, nose, booty and all there's something hypnotic about her psychotic persona and 'Cat in the Hat' rhymes.

Misogynistic Hood Music
I'm a Spelman woman. I state that to say there are certain songs I'm not supposed to condone(ie. Tip Drill, She Got A Donk, Beat it Up). However, when the beat drops on these songs all my common sense goes out the window and before I know it, I'm droppin it like it's hot lol. It's like the more the song screams, "next coming to the stage is Mocha Kisses, get those dollas out!" the more I like it!

Asian Food
I don't care if it's Chinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese or chicken wings, french fries and mumbo sauce from the carry out; if Asian hands have touched it, I gotta have it. Already this week, I've had Asian food twice and I plan on having it again tomorrow.

Getting A Touch Up
Natural haired women, please don't slay me for this one. I had natural hair until I was 20 years old. Now that I've sampled the creamy crack, I just don't think there's any going back for me. It's not because I think it's easier; there is nothing easy at all about sitting in the hairdresser for 4 hours, I just like the way it makes me feel. Like my soul is glowing or something lol.

Singing in the Shower
If there were Grammys for shower singing, I'd win every award. My shower singing is pretty serious. I'll stay in the shower until my toes and fingers prune up because I've gotten so wrapped up in my shower tunes lol. I never sing though if I know someone is right outside the bathroom.

Coke
As in Coca-Cola, not blow lol. Most people who know me know that all I usually drink is water and gingerale but there comes a time, like once every other month when I just get a taste for Coke. Not diet Coke or Coke Zero but the regular, 300 calorie a bottle Coke. It's really odd but when I get the get the crazing, I gotta have it.

Snapped*
Want to know what I'm tuning into while everybody else is getting riled up over Sunday afternoon football?? Wonder no more because I'm telling you right now that it's Snapped. That show is full of pure craziness but I swear my eyes are glued for like 4 hours straight. It's like a real life Law & Order or something.

Hookah
Veranda in NYC, Chi Cha and Soussi in DC. I have a problem and I'll leave it at that lol.

Victoria's Secret
Noone's under garments should all come from the same place. I mean every single piece I own comes from this one store! It's like I walk in and I just can't help myself lol. The whole PINK line and my new found interest in lingerie(FYI, I only think it looks interesting lol) make it hard for me to resist. AND I absolutely adore their Cheeksters; forget those $18 Hanky Pankies and the Commandos.


Welp, that's all I've got for you guys; at least that's all I'm willing to share. C'mon now, my mother reads this blog lol.

What are some of your guilty pleasures?? Don't be shy!

*This admittance is also a warning lol

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Get outta my head!!! I agree w/ a lot of these especially the hood music and *whispers* Nicki/Ri Ri. *Siiiigh* I have these moments where I'm mid-twirk and I realize that maybe I shouldn't so amped when Freaky Girl or Lollipop comes on but they're so...so....catchy!!! And Nicki, when she's not doing the very most in life, is almost tolerable. Almost. Again, there is a certain catchy factor. LOL

    I'll add my own now. This is a safe space right? Okay...My guilty pleasure is.....watching children's shows. Specifically Arthur. I can sit, by myself, and watch several episodes. That and Magic School Bus. I just enjoy those shows and that don't seem "beneath" me or anything. If I think of more I'll add them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Magic School Bus is the bomb.com lol. I used to love that show. You can still catch me tuning into Disney Channel or watching Sprout with my niece lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Girl, I really don't want to like Nicki Minaj but I rap along to her songs like I wrote em! And can I tell you how that Ri Ri/Drake song is on constant replay?! lol..The misogynistic music--my BIGGEST guilty pleasure; I turn into a whole hood rat when listening to Dip Set, Rick Ross & Weezy F. Baby *embarrassed* Ok, ok and Vicky's?!! Ahhh..I don't own one bra or panty from anywhere else!!

    ReplyDelete