Thursday, January 27, 2011

Maybe I...

I figured I would post something a little different. Here's a poem I wrote while suffering from cabin fever in the wee hours of the morning.

Maybe I
Maybe I should forget that we ever… even… met
I should sit and pretend that the pain lying within is a figment of my wildest imagination
As if all that time wasted was merely a misguided, mythical creation
Like a dream or better yet a nightmare that was only meant to scare, me into waking up and making the right decisions
An inception meant to lead me in the opposite direction; away from you
Maybe I could replace your face with an empty grey space while working to erase any trace that you’ve left behind
And in your place I would plant memories of laughter and happiness pulled from the corners of my mind
Save myself the “should have, would have and could haves”
Because I didn’t and wouldn’t and couldn’t have acted any differently than I did back then
I just hate having to rehash this thing again… and again
Playing it all back in my head like for some reason, this time, things will come to a less bitter-sweet end
So maybe instead of merely pretending I never met you I’ll take the steps to forget you
I’d rather do that than have to confess and say
That I regret the day I ever met you, let you in and hoped you’d stay

No comments:

Post a Comment