Saturday, January 16, 2010

7 Guys I Couldn't Date

I was thinking about my expectations and preferences in guys the other day and came up with a list of "7 guys I couldn't date". Some of these are more light-hearted than the others, but all of them can be deal breakers when it comes to dating me.

1. The insecure guy

I honestly cannot spend all of my time trying to get you to feel better about yourself. I know first-hand what it's like to have low self-esteem but if I've already told you how great, and wonderufl I think you are and you still want to be down on yourself all the time; I won't be the one sticking around to keep picking you up.


2. The guy everybody loves

I've been in this situation before and honestly it's just annoying to be dating the guy that everybody knows and loves. I don't consider myself the jealous type but when you can't go anywhere and not have someone(especially women) he knows approach you, it just gets under the skin a little.


3. The liar

I think this is pretty self-explanitory.

4. Mr. Undependable

There's nothing that I hate more than when someone says they will do something or be somewhere and they fall through. I live by the belief that if you don't want to do something, say so from the beginning. Don't tell me "yes" when I ask you to do something for me, just because you think that's what I want to hear.


5. The Smoker

If you want to put your health at risk, by all means be my guest, but don't think I'm going to stick around for it. I'm an asmathic and I think smoking stinks. End of story.


6. Mr. Egostistical

There is a fine line between confidence and cockiness. When that line is crossed, it's definitely annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love a man who's sure of himself and oozes confidence but when it goes overboard, please stay away.


7. Mr. "I Don't Eat the Swine"

This one is more playful than the others, but it's still "important" to me. Everybody who knows me, knows I have a serious love affair with pork and all that can be done with it. If you're constantly telling me I shouldn't be eating pork because of xyz, it's just not going to work out. Let's just say, "if you don't eat the swine, you can't get my time" lol.

Am I being too picky here??? Maybe, but a girl's gotta have standards, right?

**UPDATE** What are some dealbreakers for the rest of you out there??

4 comments:

  1. I would say that everything on your list is reasonable, very reasonable. You don’t want the insecure guy because you will run into problems with him constantly thinking that you are out to find someone better. I have seen it ruin a relationship. Mr. Popular has probably been with many women since everyone does love him and he will tend to act like he can have any girl because of this. When you are together and he runs into women you will always wonder what went on between them etc. The liar there would be too much investigating to see if they are lying whenever they say something. Smoking is gross. Mr. Egotistical yes leave him alone, they are the worst. Lastly you do not want Mr. I don’t eat swine. I have noticed that anyone I know that does not eat it passes so much judgment on others that do. I am not a big pork fan but I love me some bacon and I would like to eat it in peace and not be told what type of person I am when I eat it. It is my decision; I don’t pass judgment on them for not eating so why are they passing it on me for eating it??? You should be able to eat in peace so yes leave him alone as well. I concur these are all types of men you should stay away from. Too picky not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I didn't think I was being unreasonable lol. And your interpretation of Mr. Popular, aka the guy everybody loves is exaaactly what I was trying to convey. I just think everytime some chic recognized him and felt the need to approach I'd be wondering if she ahd been with him in some way, shape or form.

    Also, thank you for understanding my take on Mr. I don't eat the swine! Geez, let me eat my bacon in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But in the case of Mr. Popular if u are insecure, with any man u will have the same assumptions or wonders about a man. If he has not shown that he was cheating on you then trust the man. Allow him to do a wrong before you automatically think he is going to something wrong.

    But mine is the same for women who dont eat swine...9 times out of ten i will make a dish with pork in it and u wouldnt even know or care because it tastes so good! lol

    and a woman with a ciggy in her mouth is the worst sh!t ever! [PERIOD]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women smoking is the woooorst! IMO it's just not ladylike.

    Mr. Popular is just a problem. Like, say the shoes was on the other foot and you were dealing with Ms. Popular. It wouldn't make you feel any type of way to always have people coming up to her that she knew fromt he past being all friendly? I don't believe that one. But I will agree that it does have a little bit to do with insecurity, Mr. Popular would have to put in a little work to show me that he's for me and only me when it comes to the romance department.

    ReplyDelete