Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is Cheating the New Black??

**These are actual ads that ran on the back page of my morning paper. And yes, this website is very real

I'm sure we all know someone or a few someonessss, who have either cheated or been cheated on. In some instances, we have been the ones doing the cheating. I pass no judgement on that, we all have our faults. What I don't get is those who cheat with absolutely no remorse. I've been seriously approached a couple times by men who were either in a relationship or married.

Here's how the story goes:
About a year ago I was approached by a man on the train who was interested in the book I was reading. I believe it may have actually been Steve Harvey's book, but I digress. It was odd at first to have someone approach me during the morning commute, when most people are either listening to their ipods or trying their damndest just to wake up. He wasn't physically my type, but after going back and forth via e-mail for a while I said hey, why not give this guy a chance. He and I go out to a cutw little restaurant and after a couple drinks we start discussing what I'm looking for. After having just having dealt with a dramatic situation with the last guy I was talking to, the #1 quality I was looking for was honesty.

Well, this and all the grey goose must have given him the courage to admit to me that he was actually married and had been for a mere 8 months. Are you kidding me?? Oh, but it only gets better. After coming clean about his marital status he goes on to explain that we can still have "fun" together. I think at this point I my mouth must have dropped wide open. A few moments earlier you told me you were married, and now you expect me to say yes to the idea of being your side hustle. He even explained that we could not only continue to go out on dates, but also go away on trips! Needless to say when he called me after that date, I didn't pick up or return his call. The worst part of it all is that there are many women who would have taken this success man up on his offer.
While this is just one experience, I have also had several men in supposedly committed relationships continue to pursue me, even though they knew I was fully aware of the fact that they have girlfriends. What is it that causes already involved men to come after me? Do I have a "choose me, I'm a homewrecker" stamp on my forehead that I don't know about??

What is it that causes people to resort to cheating? I've heard it all; from "she doesn't make me happy" to "what if she's not the one for me?" Then break up with her! Do you both a favor and stop being so damn selfish. I can honestly say, especially after my experiences, that I'd rather my boyfriend/man/husband would be honest and just leave me or actually sit and talk to me about what is going on, rather than go outside our union and look for his solutions in someone else.
Discuss.

3 comments:

  1. I feel that majority of men cheat, they have always cheated and always will. I'm not being a Debbie Downer or bitter about it, it's just the reality we have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree that men will always cheat...I do believe most men go through periods where they are complete WHORES...that is natural; I think they need to go through it, however, I do believe a man can be faithful in a committed relationship. Part of the issue, I think, is women make it so damn easy for them to cheat! I had a married man approach me in the club & flat out say "I'm trying to bust a nut" lolol..true story...if a man is THAT open about wanting to cheat, you can only imagine the women have made him think it's ok to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course some woman has led that married man to believe it's okay for him to approach women that way. I'm sure there were at least a couple women who would have heard that line and said "Okay! My place or the motel??"

    I'm really beginning to think more and more that our expectations, or lack there of, for men have a lot to do with their behavior. Which is sad because you would think that eventually they would just WANT to act right.

    I really wonder about women who cheat though. What's their motivation? Any man out there who has been cheated on care to speak up?? lol

    ReplyDelete