Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Status: Unavailable

Wouldn't it be nice if potential mates came with warning labels?? Like... liar, cheater, momma's boy, has horrible credit. I need the males who come into my life to come with warning labels that tell me whether they are unavailable or not. And I'm not just referring to whether they have a girlfriend/wife but whether they are totally open and able to pursue a healthy relationship.

Please see exhibit A for a more detailed explaination of exactly what I mean:

Exhibit A
The closer to the BIG unavailable box, the more serious the foul. If you are "contracturally" unavailable, just plan 'ol leave me alone. This person's unavailibility is obvious; they have a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband. Say adios to your other half, and then we can have a conversation. I've dealt with this guy one too many times and no matter which may you twist it, a bad taste will be left in your mouth after dealing with this one.
The emotionally unavaliable ones definitely give the most headaches. Half of me wanted to put them before the contracturally unavailable but cheating is just wrong no matter how you look at it. The emotionally unavailable person may say things like "it's not you, it's me" or "I just have to get me together"BUT at the same time try and keep you waiting in the wings until they work themselves out. In my opinion, this person knew they couldn't handle anything more serious then a couple rounds of "getting to know you", let alone a relationship, from the very beginning. The emotionally unavailable should be in solitude somewhere getting themselves together. That may sound harsh, but I've been here too and dealing with this guy is no joke. Talk about getting up to get let down.
And lastly we have the physically unavailable. This person is just a tease. You like them, they like you but they live hours away. Long story short, long distance relationships work for some but how often are they really worth the trouble? I'm not saying I would never do it but I think it would take meeting one outstanding individual for me to do so. I like the idea of being able to call the guy I'm interested in and have him be in my presence in less than 30 minutes.
At the end of the day, dealing with any of these situations can be frustrating, but I guess it's all a part of the fun of dating. Right?
Have any of you all encountered these different situations??
*This chart applies to both men and women

No comments:

Post a Comment